Whether you need to replace a dead furnace or install an entirely new heating system, you’re looking at a significant investment. Before you even start shopping for a shiny new furnace, you should consider consulting with a licensed HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) professional. Your HVAC pro can look at your particular house – its size, configuration, age – and help you determine the best and most cost-effective way to heat it. The first question to hash out with your HVAC contractor is the kind of fuel you should use: gas, electric, oil or something else. Most homeowners stick to whatever their homes already had to minimize the labor and costs associated with extra installation of things like duct work or running electric lines. But there could be reasons to change. Your location, house size, and energy bills will all factor in to your final decision on which furnace type, model, and size is right for your home.
Each furnace is built with efficiency and reliability in mind so that you and your family can enjoy consistent warmth and long-lasting comfort. However, selecting a gas or oil furnace isn’t a one-size-fits-all decision.
American standard knows that one residential furnace might not cover the needs of every customer. That’s why a variety of gas and oil furnaces are available to choose from. Have a look at what American Standard has to offer.
Safe and Simple
The furnaces offered by American Standard offer reliable comfort and are, most importantly, safe and simple when it comes to operation. Furnaces come with hot surface igniters which means the burners start electronically. No fuel-burning pilot lights. Multi-port in-shot burners are also employed to make sure you’re getting the maximum heat while using the least amount of fuel.
Pick the Right Furnace
It can be difficult knowing which residential furnace model is right for you. Do you go with the best of the best and go Platinum or do you go with the solid and durable Silver series? Let American Standard help you make that choice. Get in touch with a local dealer and learn the benefits of oil and natural gas furnaces.
- American standard
- Single Stage, Two Stage, variable speed, and Modulating
- 92%, 95%, 96% efficiency (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency, AFUE)
- 40,000 BTU, 60,000 BTU, 80,000 BTU, 100,000 BTU, 120,000 BTU
- Single Stage Furnaces
Picture someone on a treadmill. Now picture that person going from a standstill to a full sprint at every work out. This is how a single stage furnace operates; there’s an “off” speed and then an “on” speed. They only have one stage of heat output – high. Single stage furnaces make sense for temperate climates or for folks on a tight budget.
- Two Stage Furnaces
These furnaces operate much more efficiently. The first stage operates the majority of the time in most climates running at about 65%. When the temperature outside becomes extremely cold and the first stage is not sufficient enough, two stage furnaces kick it up for additional heat. Like finishing strong during a workout. They run quieter and don’t operate at full-blast constantly.
- Modulating Furnaces
As the name suggests, the fan motor in these furnaces move at different speeds to control the amount of heated air dispersed throughout the home as needed. Much like the effort needed for walking on a level surface, then up an incline, then up a hill and back down. Or any variation. So even when the furnace is not “on,” the motor in a modulating furnace circulates air throughout the home. The result? More comfort, less energy consumption and lower utility bills every month.
GOLD S9V2 GAS FURNACE HIGHLIGHTS
- Industry-changing cabinets are designed to accommodate virtually any home
- The new design is certified to be airtight up to less than 1%
- The Gold S9V2 furnace is rated at 96% gas efficiency (AFUE)
- The Vortica™ II blower is one of the most efficient blowers in the industry, providing savings during both winter and summer
- Stainless steel primary and secondary heat exchangers and the new Vortica™ II blower combine to provide a consistent flow of warm and comfortable air with quiet operation
- Combined with the American Standard AccuClean for a cleaner, healthier, and more comfortable home
Platinum 95 Furnace
- Provides fully modulating heating, operating between 40 percent and 100 percent firing rates for ultimate efficiency and comfort control
- Converts up to 97.3 percent of the fuel you pay for into heat for your home
- Automatically communicates and coordinates with your other system components via the AccuLink™ Communicating System*
- Faster, easier installation that is less invasive to your home with a simplified connection to the Comfort Control
- Saves on energy usage while reducing greenhouse gas emissions** by significantly surpassing government efficiency standards on energy usage while reducing
- Runs quietly and evenly distributes warm air to every room with its variable-speed fan motor
- In the summer, Comfort-R™ helps keep your home cooler by reducing indoor humidity
- Its heavy steel insulated cabinet is durable, quiet and holds more heat in the furnace to better warm your home